You don’t need to be in-person to increase sales conversions. Here’s how to make the most of your efforts.
The effort to increase sales conversions is ongoing for both in-person and virtual teams. That’s no surprise, of course. The question is how to do it. And how much different do you need to approach the issue when you have a virtual team vs. an in-person sales team?
Some of the steps we take to increase sales conversions are the same no matter where your team is located. In fact, for phone sales or nonprofit donations, virtual teams can be every bit as effective as teams located in the same space.
Call Logic’s auto-dialer and call management software offers dozens of helpful tools to increase your success and simplify your daily tasks. Call for your free consultation today to learn more!
7 Steps to increase sales conversions on every call
As with most sales, the place to start if you plan to increase sales conversions is before you ever talk to a prospect. How does that work?
1. Call the right people. Random dialing won’t give you a good ROI, and it’s not going to help you increase sales conversions. That doesn’t mean you should skip cold calling. Even then, though, you want to contact prospects who offer more promise. For example, if you sell business insurance, contact people who recently registered a business with their state commerce department. If you’re fundraising, call people already on the organization’s email list.
2. Have your script ready. Your sales or donation script can help ensure your team covers all the information they need, while giving them room to go with the flow when questions arise.
3. Get your email template ready. One way to increase sales conversions is to offer prospects the option to get the information in a way that works best for them. In some cases, that will be a phone call. In other cases, however, prospects may want to look at the information you’ve given them. With an email template ready to go, all you have to do is fill in the specifics and send it off right after your call.
4. Make your value evident. You don’t have to offer the lowest prices, nor do you have to give prospects the most options. What you do need, however, is to make it clear what the value of working with you is. Remember, price and value are very different things. This is true for sales as well as nonprofit donations. So what does your prospect get for their money? Is it better customer service? More money into local charitable efforts? The best warranty on the market? Whatever it is, be sure this is part of your script and email template.
5. Test your offers. There are a lot of ways to test your offers. Perhaps it’s different packages at various price points, or it may be how you structure your sales script. Obviously, you want to take advantage of the best approach, and the only way to do that is to test and determine what gets the best response. This doesn’t need to be complicated. For example, set up package A and package B, and have your team alternate between them. Then, at the end of a month, see which performed better.
6. Make the process easy. You won’t increase sales conversions with a difficult sales procedure. The more you can remove barriers, the more likely you will be to improve your sales. Of course, how that works depends on your procedures, but anything from multiple payment options to digital paperwork can streamline the process.
7. Be trustworthy. Trust is one of the most powerful tools you can use to increase sales conversions. And while it might not initially seem all that easy to accomplish with a phone call, there’s a lot that can go on behind the scenes to help. For instance, make sure you have an up-to-date website with a physical address and clear contact information. Make sure your organization is active on social media and professional sites like LinkedIn. Follow through on any promises to prospects and current customers alike. If you schedule a follow-up call, but sure you make that call. If you promise to deliver something on Tuesday, it needs to be there on Tuesday. You get the idea. Keep your word, make sure you’re easy to reach, and stay engaged with your customers, prospects, and the world in general.
As in most cases, it’s a combination of approaches that will help increase sales conversions. If attempting all of these at once feels like too much, start with one or two items on the list. Even small steps can yield big results and success can lead to more success.
Make more calls in less time with Call Logic. From donor profile management to automated voicemails to built-in compliance, we’ve got you covered in every aspect of your business. Call for your free consultation today to learn more!