With so many organizations making recruiting calls, you need to stand out if you expect to succeed.
If you make recruiting calls to job candidates, you know sometimes it can be a matter of luck. Your call comes at just the right time and with the right offer. You also know there’s a lot more to success than luck.
Anyone can get lucky and call a candidate when the stars align, and the world is in harmony for a brief moment. Luck, however, will only get you so far. You already know that recruiting requires serious skills. You have to be knowledgeable, personable, and you gotta hustle. The thing is, everyone in the recruiting industry knows this. If you want to create your own success, you need to do more.
Don’t go another day without finding out how Call Logic can change the way you do business. Accept your free demo today to learn more!
5 Tips to turn your recruiting calls into a goldmine
1. Do your homework. Thanks to social media and sites like LinkedIn, it’s not hard to determine what someone might be interested in. That candidate with a minor in art history and an MBA might be perfect for the museum director position. The candidate that just started as an anchor on the local news station? Probably not.
2. Be brief and professional. A full-blown sales pitch right off the bat is probably not going to get you very far. Offer a brief introduction that includes who you are and why you’re calling, then ask if they are interested in talking. You are, after all, making recruiting calls and offering people potential career advancements or changes. A conversation about that is a somewhat easy sell unless the person isn’t at all interested, in which case, you’ve saved yourself some time.
3. Know your product. This is crucial for anyone in sales, whether you’re selling cars or making recruiting calls. In this case, your product is your company and the job and company for which you’re recruiting. Why does a candidate want to explore this job through you? What are your placement rates? How many candidates are happy with the positions they’ve taken through you? These are huge selling points that you need to know.
4. Use a script. If you’ve read through even a little bit of our blog, you know this is one of the points we mention a lot. That’s because it works. There’s a lot of information to keep up with during recruiting calls. That’s especially true if you’re calling for different positions in various companies. Keeping a script handy helps you focus on building a relationship and engaging people without worrying so much about the details.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals. Even when you do your homework, create a connection, and highlight all the positives of a position, you’ll still get people who are ultimately not interested. If this is the case, ask if they might know someone who would be interested. You might be surprised how often you can match the perfect with the right job through referrals.
How to determine your success
It can be tough to figure out how successful you are at making recruiting calls if you don’t have some hard numbers to look at. And to be clear, you can’t just look at the number of calls you make. That may be a good metric, for sure, but that’s not the only way to measure success.
And though you may want to make a high number of calls, it’s also worth considering the quality of those calls. Which is better: making 100 calls in a day or making 10 calls? What if no one wanted to speak to you on any of those 100 calls, but from your 10 calls, five people spent time on the phone with you finding out about your offer and even committing to the next step? To some degree, the number of recruiting calls you make and the quality of those calls are inversely correlated.
Don’t forget follow-up calls, either. This is often where the magic happens. That first call is an introduction. It’s the follow-up calls where we get into details and take the steps to get someone into a new position. So be sure to consider how many of these calls you make.
Success may sometimes feel elusive, but when you set your goals and track your progress, it’s a lot easier to see.
Maintain customer profiles, automate processes, and reach more customers with Call Logic’s call management software. Check out a free demo to see what we’re all about!