Need a little inspiration in the call center? Try these sales motivational quotes to give your teams a boost.
Is your sales staff having difficulty with motivation? It’s not uncommon. Anyone is sales and telemarketing can use a daily reminder that perseverance is the key to success. And sitting down each morning with sales motivational quotes is a great way to erase the trials of yesterday and replace them with inspiration for today.
Of course, there’s a little groundwork to cover before sales motivational quotes can become truly useful. As a manager, make sure that you’re already doing all you can to motivate your employees. The unfortunate reality is that some 71% of American workers are not engaged, resulting in $300 billion in lost productivity each year. That’s a high price to pay for unmotivated employees.
Perhaps even more interesting, though, is that money isn’t the primary motivator, not even for salespeople. Studies have shown that today’s employees want recognition in the form of opportunities and career development more than they want cash incentives. A survey by Westminster College in the U.S. states that 32% of employees would prefer morale boosting to improve engagement over monetary incentive. And recognition, development, and improved morale all starts with management.
Not sure how Call Logic’s outbound phone technology can work for you? Sign up for our free trial now and let our experts show you how we can benefit your business.
The value of inspirational quotes
Even if you have an engaged workforce, motivation can waver from time to time. That’s where sales motivational quotes become useful. They act as mini pep-talks, encouragement for those days where it just feels like everyone is hanging up. Hearing sales motivational quotes each morning before the day starts is like drinking a cup of coffee; it gives you that little nudge, focuses your attention, and heightens your sense of urgency and determination.
And if we’re talking about value, one of the best things about sales motivational quotes is that they’re free! In addition to the ones below, you can search for inspirational quotes on the internet and find clever snippets of wisdom from some of the best in the sales business. Perhaps consider making a list of quotes and reading one to your team members during each morning meeting. Or, if you don’t do daily meetings, try posting a different quote each day on the water cooler or company fridge or some other common space your employees will see each day. You might also e-mail quotes, or if you have a small team, leave little cards with a quote on their desks each day.
If this seems tedious, remember this: Motivated employees are engaged employees. The small amount of time it will take for you to share inspirational quotes with your employees can provide thousands or more dollars in returns if it helps them to become further engaged. As a manager, it’s your job to keep inspiring your teams.
10 sales motivational quotes your team will love
This list is by no means exhaustive. These are just a few of the better quotes out there from experienced sales gurus. Some apply to general sales while others are specific to telemarketing. In either case, we’re sure that sharing these sales motivational quotes with your employees will help to improve engagement, which leads to improved productivity and ultimately, revenue.
And now, some inspiration for you and your teams:
1. “Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time to see them.” – Brian Tracy
2. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “The fact that not everyone can cold call and that you can is an empowering experience.” – Mr. Cold Call
4. “To be interesting, be interested.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “Confidence and enthusiasm are the greatest sales producers in any kind of economy.” – O. B. Smith
7. “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.” – Henry Ford
8. “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.” – Omar Periu
9. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” – W. Clement Stone
10. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. “ – Jack Canfield
That should get you started, but don’t limit yourself to just sales quotes. There are plenty of inspirational quotes that come from outside the sales business. Keep your eyes open. You never know where inspiration will come from.
Get an inspirational quote on our cloud-based outbound phone technology. Sign up for our free trial now and let our experts show you how we can benefit your business.